15 April 2010

Spurs Away

Yes, you are right.

I had tried to push this to the back of my head. Way to the back, back where no one else can find it. I knew something was wrong. Something had to be wrong. I was having a good day, then all of the sudden the bottom dropped out. My wrist started to hurt, my sinuses started to go.

I sat at work with an annoyed agitation. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I just knew it was not going to be good news.

Scum 2 - The Arsenal 1 ... 85 minutes.

The numbers taunted me. I remember looking at my co-worker and not having a clue what she had said. My mind had ventured off to North London and an invisible tear drained out of my eye.

There is losing, then there is losing to Scum.

St. Totteringham day can not come soon enough. My only hope is the rest of the season sees them finishing out of the top 6 but that is highly unlikely at this point in time.

I did make my way to the pub after work. It was a bit of a Ghost Town. Well there were people there but none of the ones that really mattered. I waited along for Sheffield to come up and we had a few pints.

I had settled on the third place finish a couple of weeks ago but still this loss was worst than losing to United and Chelski combined. Now, the Arsenal needs not to bollocks up the rest of the season and maintain an even keel, otherwise the boat is going to sink.

Now to look forward to the Crystal Palace Baltimore opener on Friday. It should be a good time. I know there is a bit of a buzz around the core. Tailgate at 5PM, Game at 7PM at UMBC.

Station, aka my band, also has a show on Saturday evening at the Sidebar. I do hope I get to sing a bit of Who the FUCK are Man United!

~LeChat

No comments: